Sunday, August 27, 2006

And it starts...

Wow, no, I haven't abandoned you, Xanga, but instead I have moved into a fantastic apartment with no internet connection (due to my poorness). However, thanks to the wonderful fastfood chain known as Whataburger, we will still have one another. :) I know you can't contain your enthusiasm.
Where do I even start? Last Saturday, with the help of my padres, brother, and Andrea and Steven, I moved into a great little one bedroom apartment. Then, Mom and I shopped for decor and a bed. I got a super cool bed from IKEA. Oh, my dearest IKEA, what would my apartment be without you? Anyway, after many purchases and my summer savings being depleted, Mom had to go home. So, this week has been filled with organizing, building (oh yeah, I hung all my own curtains, put my bed together, and even hung a mirror with a big bolt thing), and cleaning. And it's all done. woo hoo!! I'll post some pictures later, but it is in fact complete. :) yay!
Then Tuesday night, I began a new (yet very familiar) chapter in my SAGU life. I started cheerleading. We met for dinner and just some get-to-know-you time. We have an amazing squad. We have 3 returning cheerleaders, 2 brand new freshmen, 4 transfers, and me. :) Oh yeah, that's 10! Then Wednesday-Friday we had cheer camp. It was no joke- we met at 8:30 am and left about 10:30 each night. I promise you that I have never had so many muscles and tendons hurt in my entire life. We learned cheers, chants, dances and some great stunts. It's going to be a good year. :) Anyway, here's a few of the girls. I'm so glad I'm getting to do this.
Ashley B and Ashley R:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tiffany and Kollette:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me, Tiff and Ashley (we were having pictures, thus the uniforms):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, we have cheer sisters for accountability and prayer and things. This is my beautiful little cheer sis, Ashley:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bev took us to Campuzano's on Friday night (yum!!!). Here's Brennan, Krystal and Leslie:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kim, Tiff, and Donna (our captain):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me and the Ashleys again:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the squad- Krystal, Brennan, Tiffany, Me, Donna, Kollette, Ashley R, Ashley B, Leslie and Kim:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Though I'm super tired, it's been a great week. I can't believe classes start this week though. ugh. Oh well, today should be fantastic. ;)

Christen

No comments: