Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Father reflects my father

I've heard a lot about a father's love lately.  Josh McDowell was telling us a couple of weeks back that a father who is distant and unloving can singlehandedly drive his children to alcoholism, drug abuse, and even homosexuality.  He said an absent father is better than a present, uninvolved father.  In my Human Sexuality class, the homosexuality debate circled back to the father quite often.


It's made me very thankful.  I have a father who has fulfilled every stereotypical, loving, doting father-figure you can image.  I've never wondered a day in my life whether I was loved; he's reminded me everyday. :)


I think this is why I "get" God so much.  Of course I see him as a generous, peaceful, ever-protecting father, that's all I've ever known in this physical realm.  Why do I believe God has his very best for me?  Because my father, Randy Carter, has only given me his very best.  He never gave me dirt when I asked for food.  He took me to Olive Garden and insisted I ordered dessert.



I am very blessed, and I just wanted you to know that I have the greatest father on earth.

No comments: