Monday, November 23, 2009

Onward we go

I should be getting in bed, but I'm wide awake.

This semester has flown by. Where did the last 3 months go? I have 4 more classes before I am done with my EMT-Basic work. Tomorrow morning is my final clinical on the ambulance.

I have learned so much in such a short time. I've also realized I have a lot to learn! I'm pretty comfortable with vital signs and patient assessment, but make me backboard someone, and I'm still a little floundery. I love what I'm learning. I cannot wait to get out there and do this! But I'm approaching the future with a bit of a wait-and-see attitude. I'm not sure where I want to be. I have really enjoyed my clinicals with the fire department. If you follow me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook, you've probably seen my updates. The guys have been amazing! I've learned a lot. Whether I'd like to be a firefighter....we'll see. That would require some dedication and weight lifting. haha

Thanks for all of your support and prayers. :)

The name of my blog is still true: "Let's Take a Journey." And what a great one. :)

Christen

1 comment:

Hassig said...

I'm sure you'll figure something out. :)

Nice to see you blog again after quite a long hiatus.