Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 27: Affections

Day 27: A Picture of Yourself with a Family Member

These people stir my affections:



I am not lost on the fact that I was born into a very special, and rare, family. Growing up, I did not grasp the concept of divorce, or fighting, or bitterness. I knew love, patience, and kindness. The few moments I have heard my parents heatedly disagree, I have never been scared. Because we are a family. A unit.

From the get-go, we have been tight-knit. We did everything together, and a lot of times, we still do. They are my biggest fans, and I theirs.

Growing up and growing in numbers has only brought us closer. How we survived 19 years without my sister-in-law, I'll never know. She belongs; she's one of us. And the two, precious little boys in the picture above make my heart full. I knew love on one level until they were born. Sometimes I secretly wonder how I will ever love my own children more. I mean, I know I will, but today, it doesn't seem possible.

The dynamic of my family unit only makes me more cautious when choosing a future husband. He stands to gain an amazing family, and I want to make sure he can handle it. ;) We are quite vocal about Scott's girlfriends because she's going to have to hang out with Sheila and me for the next 60 years. haha It's kinda funny, and yet, Sheila and I have discussed this, on more than one occasion. I'm quite serious.

The older I get, the more thankful I am for the family God has given me. I realize how lucky and blessed I am.

Family- I love you. :)

Christen

No comments: