Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Life, as I know it

It's been a while since I've posted anything.  Probably because I'm not changing jobs, or moving, or any of the other big adventures you're used to me doing.

I'm just living life as it comes.

I am still enjoying being a landman.  Every day is a new challenge, but I feel successful and so very thankful.  Next week will be one year with my broker, but I still have so much to learn!  Oil and gas is a very detailed, complicated business, and I've just scratched the surface.

I'm also thankful to be living in Tyler and getting to see my nephews as often as I want.  We had a sleepover last week, complete with kids' meals, crowns, the Avengers, and paint.  It's amazing to watch them grow and learn and develop these precious little personalities.  Eli is so inquisitive and keeps me on my toes.  He is in 1st grade and needs to know everything...how electricity conducts, how Hawkeye (Avengers) doesn't run out of arrows, or what would happen to the tides if the moon shrunk.  I can't make this stuff up.  And little Joe is not so little anymore.  He is 3 and almost as tall as Eli.  He loves to run, jump, punch, and climb.  He is so sweet when he wants to be.  And he does a killer robot impression.  He has dubbed himself the Happy Robot.  It's adorable.  He's also obsessed with lizards, frogs, insects, or anything else he can catch, put in a jar, and feed crickets.

This past weekend, I walked/jogged by first 5K.  I decided when I turned 29, that I wanted to challenge myself to do a marathon in a year.  Well, I've quickly scaled back that challenge from a marathon to a half marathon.  I think 13.1 miles is enough of a challenge for one out of shape 29-year-old.  My parents, little brother, and I participated in the Tyler Rose 5K.  We all finished!  And surprisingly, I loved it!  It was an adrenelin rush.  And though I'm still a little sore, I feel so accomplished.  The next one is lined up for December 1 in Nacogdoches.  I'd like to improve my time by 5-10 minutes and jog more, walk less.  Hopefully in 4-5 months, I can advance to a 10K.

Other than that, not too much is going on.  My cat, Meowers, is as crazy as ever.  Our apartment is pretty great.  And Christmas is really soon!  Decorations in a month (or so)!

Christen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Started running (more like run/walk) too :) Planning to do a 15K with Bonnie and Barbra (my cousins) in February. Would love to try and meet up with you for some races in between and would love for you to run the 15K with us. http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/dallas/

KJC said...

Glad your back! I missed your blogs!