Thursday, April 24, 2003

Well I'm one day closer to summer!  At the end of my hallway in my dorm, there is a dry erase board that has a count down.  Today I woke up and it said 9 days.  SINGLE DIGITS!  I can't believe my first year of college is over.   I feel like it was just yesterday I started high school.  Wow, time flies...life flies.  This has been such a weird year in my life.  I've loved every second of college, but at the same time, I can't wait to get away from it.  I look back to a year ago.  I was a week away from my senior prom and a month away from graduating.  I had waited my whole life to graduate high school, and now it seems so meaningless.  Nobody here cares what I did in high school.  I spent hours upon hours on my high school's newspaper and in the student council office, and now, no one really cares about it.  My past is just that.  My past.  I've got to live everyday for the future because that's all I've got now.  Today is gone.  Yesterday is gone.  Who knows if I'll have tomorrow.  Well, I'll get off my little soap box now.  God bless!

No comments: