Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"Spring Break '05, baby!"  Every time something exciting happens, this is what I have been exclaiming.  hehe


Spring Break really has been everything I hoped for...fun, relaxing, good times with friends.  San Antonio was gorgeous.  We met up with one of my friends, Kyle, Sunday and ate by the Riverwalk.  Kyle must have thought my friends (Karla, Karissa and Angela) were crazy.  We are all four loud and talkative, but it was so fun.  Then we played cards and ate ice cream.  Monday we went to Fiesta Texas and rode rollercoasters all afternoon.  That evening we ate at a restaurant that was not as we expected.  We thought it was going to be like Ed Debevics (for all those familiar with Chicago) but instead, it was very...well...dirty.  That's all I'll say.  Tuesday, we drove into San Marcos and shopped at the outlets for like 8 hours, but finally went on to Van that night.  Today we were complete and total bums on the couch, but it was relaxing.  :)  Now we're in Longview and chilling with my family.



I have coined a phrase that I use often: "Rockford Days."  There are days when all I can think about are my friends in Rockford, or I experience something that reminds me of it, or I'm having a bad day and wish I was there.  Anyway, last night I had a "Rockford Day."  I drove to Van (5 hours) starting at 9:30 pm while my roommates slept and listened to two mixed CDs that were given to me up there.  Wow, God revealed so much to me last year about who I am and who He says I am.  Those songs just take me back.



To all my friends and family, here in Texas and up in Illinois, I love you.  Thank you for helping me become who I am today.


Christen

No comments: