Sunday, May 15, 2005

What a week!  I'm exhausted.  haha.  My grandparents celebrated 50 years of marriage yesterday.  Pretty incredible, huh?  You don't see many people these days who can say they have been married for 50 years.  Someday, I will.



Do you ever wish you could be someone else?  I'm not talking jealousy.  I don't really know what I mean.  But if you were, things might be better or just different.  Hummm...


I leave for Houston on Wednesday.  Did I tell you that I'm interning for my brother this summer?  I'm so excited.  Then I leave for Rockford June 1st.  I need Rockford.  It's home to me...so refreshing, so many friends, ahh...



Oh, I didn't tell you about my epiphany.  I was staring at a picture of Karissa and me the other day and thought, "I don't look pretty, my hair looks flat..." Then I thought, "Wow, Karissa's so pretty." At that moment, she walked in and said, "I hate that picture.  It's not very good of me, but you're so pretty." It just hit me.  When we (I'm kinda lumping all girls into this we) look at pictures of ourselves, we pick out all the flaws, but we only see the good things about our friends.  Isn't this true of real life?  We pick ourselves apart, yet people love us and see us for who we are.  It's just made life easier.  I don't always have to reapply make up or fix my hair right.  My friends and family love me for me, not how I look.


Christen

No comments: