Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Wow, I really appreciate the comments!


I've realized this past year that I love a good book.  I went into being an English major liking the grammar tons more than the literature.  However, my appreciation for literature has grown tremendously.  For instance, I breezed through 10 young adult lit books last semester because I loved them!


Right now I'm rereading Redeeming Love.  I read it in high school and really liked it.  But now that I'm older, and I've experienced a crappy relationship and observed really healthy relationships, this book means so much more to me.  I've literally devoured it over the last 48 hours.  I can feel Angel's hurt and understand her longing to be whole (obviously not it the same way through since she's a prostitute).  Anyway, it's an adaption of the story of Hosea and Gomer from the Bible, and it's incredible.



Christen

No comments: