Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I can almost feel my toes in the sand

I had a chill evening at Starbucks last night. There's something about a caramel macchiato that brings clarity and sense to your life.

Next week is a wedding I have been anticipating for months. I'll be traveling to Destin, FL to sit beachside as one of my friends marries the love of her life. Ironically, this love is my ex-boyfriend's brother. And said ex-boyfriend is the best man.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "That seems like torture." Well...such is life. I am consciously walking into next week's events with a high head and a big ol' smile because I wouldn't miss my friend's day for anything, not even to avoid a potentially awkward situation.

It's bittersweet, really. I'll get to witness the biggest day of her entire life. I'll get to see our friends as well as her new in-laws who, by the way, are the coolest family in the world. Plus, I'll get two days at the beach with no distractions. Sounds like a pretty good package in exchange for an awkward side hug and meaningless small talk. ;)

Hope you're having a great week.

No comments: