Sunday, January 24, 2010

A cup of tea with my thoughts

I've heard all these great things about green tea-- weight loss, sun damage protection, lower cancer risks. Whatever the reasons to drink it, I'm sitting here with a hot cup of tea and my thoughts.

I still don't know the results from my EMT test on Friday, but I'm feeling calmer and slightly more optimistic. I'm not sure I passed, but I guess I feel better that if I failed, I can retake it and life has not ended.

This is going to be a hard semester, both physically and mentally. I took forgranted not having to work in college. I did work because I wanted spending money, but I wasn't stressed trying to pay a school bill or rent. Thank the Lord for such generous parents. Balancing work and school will be a challenge, but I'm ready to tackle it. I think one of my biggest challenges will be practicing IV's. I hate causing people inconvenience, and pain falls in there somewhere. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and missing IV's will be stressful. But practice makes perfect and failure builds character, and well, both of these things are good.

Quick update: My church officially has a pastor. I am so excited to have Pastor Edgar and Stephanie Ayala joining us in a few short weeks. When my dad retired last February, I had no idea it would take a solid year to get a new pastor in place. A lot has changed. We have seen growth in some areas, and pruning in others. We lost our music pastor (miss you, Tim!!), which was a huge loss, but we've had the opportunity to watch another man grow in his talents and abilities as he stepped into empty shoes. We were forced to stand on the promise that God had someone great for us. And I'm really excited that we found just that. I love Longview First Assembly. They became my church family 16 years ago, and I've loved growing up with them. I cannot wait for the next season. :)

Hope you have a wonderful week. I'm sad the weekend's over. I spent some much needed time with great friends. I love home and I love Dallas. It was nice to have both in the same weekend.

Much love.

No comments: