Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

Some of my very favorite memories include snow. Growing up, my family used to go skiing every year. I can remember taking "secret" trails with my best friend, staying inside with my mom because it had snowed 12" the night before, burying Cokes in the snow to find later, and pushing the limits without care. One of my first memories is from when I was 3 or 4. It had snowed in Van, and we built a snowman. I'm pretty sure I remember every snowman I've ever attempted.

Snow is magical, especially in Texas. It's gentle and clean. It's the epitome of peaceful. I could sit and watch it snow for hours.

I've sat and watched it snow for hours today. Well, I haven't sat, but it snowed throughout my entire work day, which made it great.

I secretly pray for snow all year long. Not just because I hope it closes work and school (which of course I do), but because it's one of my favorite things. I love snow. Love.

Hope you've had a nice snow day. Today makes me want to move to Colorado so bad.

Much love.

No comments: