Saturday, January 29, 2011

30 Days of Me: Day 1

I have been challenged to participate in the 30 Days of Me blog-a-thon. My cousin, Karen, and Aunt Angie are well into it, and well, I just can't be shown up. ;) Each day will include a picture and some random stories or facts. Stick around for some little-known nuggets about Christen.

Day 1: A Picture of Yourself and 10 Facts



I chose this picture for a number of reasons. It was taken at my cousin Brandy's wedding during the summer of 2006, and I'd venture to say that was one of the most pivotal years of my life. This picture reminds me of both really good and really bad decisions. It also reminds me of how much I love my nephew, Eli. Eli and I share a special bond that goes back, literally to the womb. I lived with Mark and Sheila while Sheila was pregnant. I got to feel some of the first kicks, I talked to him, bought him presents, and was there for all the delivery false warnings, and the actual delivery. I've watched him grow up and change into the most amazing little boy. This picture is silly, but I cherish it. He's my favorite person on earth. I also chose this picture because I remember feeling very pretty that day. As a typical girl, every day is NOT a good hair/dress/face/anything day. It's nice when they all align.....and you actually get a picture of it.

10 Facts about Me:

1. I have gotten to this place in life by, what seems like, accident. I never intended to move back to Longview, or work in the food/customer service industry. I'm glad to know God has a plan so much bigger than I could ever see. It's been an adventure.

2. I've moved 21 times. I have literally packed boxes, put them in moving vehicles, unpacked boxes, and started over. 21 times. I think that 21st time cured me of my love for it.

3. If you would have asked me at 18, I would have told you I'd be married by 21 and have kids by 25. Instead I have a cool apartment and a cat named Henry. Those other things will come in time. I'm so glad they didn't come in my timing.

4. I will forever love a church called Longview First Assembly for loving my family for 15 years. We literally gave it our blood, sweat, and tears. We even lived there (clothes hung in the baptistry and all) for a few weeks. No matter who comes or goes, it has a special place in my heart.

5. I want more than anything to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. All of the craziness that's been going on over there the past few days/weeks has me sick to my stomach. If something happens to all the history, I will regret not going sooner the rest of my life.

6. I think I'm a nice mix of country and city girl. I've been known to shoot skeet in high heels.

7. I have a Bachelor's in English, Associates in Bible, and Associates in Psychology, and I'm a licensed EMT. Though it may have lapsed, I'm also a FAA certified flight attendant. I love school, and I don't believe in boring lives.

8. I can't imagine life without my best friend.

9. I've grown out, cut, and donated my hair to Locks of Love. Twice. I don't regret either time.

10. My insecurities have caused me to type and erase this tenth fact about four times.

2 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Woooohoooo!! You did it and I loved it!! So excited to see what the next 29 days bring! Love ya!

KJC said...

Glad your joining in on all the fun!