Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 2: 20 years and counting

Day 2: The person you have been closest with the longest

I couldn't choose one person for this blog. My family moved to Graham, Texas when I was in 1st grade. That year I met Kelli Cantwell and Joanie Ramsey. About a year later, a new associate pastor came to our church, and he had a daughter just a year older than me. Angela Bazan's family stayed with us for a couple of weeks while their house was getting ready. During the next couple of years before we moved to Longview, Kelli, Angela, Joanie and I were basically inseparable.


This picture is from the Christmas of 2009 at Kelli's house. This is the last time we were all together. Too long. :(


This is from Joanie's 16th birthday party (I'm pretty sure lol). I really love this picture.


This picture was the last night of church camp in 2000. I was wearing Joanie's overalls, which I loved! This is a special picture to me.


This is from the same church camp right after lunch.

I met Kelli at church and became instant friends. We spent most days together. Before school, her mom dropped her off at my house, and we ate breakfast together, then walked or rode the bus to school. After school, we usually took the bus to her house and played til I HAD to go home. Kelli and I begged for sleep overs every night, and one time got the CRAP scared out of us while riding bikes and finding some strange man hiding behind a bush. EEK! I have hundreds of letters we've written to each other (before email), and most childhood memories involve Kel. KC + CC = BFF ;)

I also met Joanie in 1st grade. She lived just a few blocks from my house on Cresent Drive. She had the craftiest mom in the world, and I loved going to her house because her mom let us paint or make all sorts of cool things. I was always insanely jealous of Joanie's American Girl doll. I still have a pillow case I sponge painted at her house.

I met Ang in 3rd grade. She was loud and crazy and also lived within a bike ride distance of my house. She was older and always got the cute guys. lol! Angela and I were also college roommates for a year. She is one of the most bubbly, positive people I've ever known, and I love when she spells words instead of saying them. hehe

I'm proud of my friends. I miss my friends. We don't see each other entirely enough. Angela and Joanie are back in Graham, which is 5 hours from here, and they both have brand new little babies. Kelli is near McKinney, which was nice when I lived there, but now I don't get up that way.

However, when we all got together for Christmas of '09, it was like we hadn't missed a day. We laughed, cried, hugged, stayed up til all hours of the night talking about boys (on my end, husbands for them), ate lots of food, and played games. It was amazing.

Ang, Kel, and Joanie- I love yall. Thank you for being my friend through thick and thin.

No comments: