Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 20: Plane ticket, please

Day 20: A Picture of Somewhere You Would Love to Travel



I have a deep love for education. I really don't understand when someone doesn't love school. As long as I can remember, school was facinating to me. I remember a lot about kindergarten- cutting on the lines, story time on the carpet rug, centers. Every year after that was an adventure. In 3rd grade, my reading class did a project on ancient Egyptian culture. We discussed mummification, their many gods, and their way of life. From that moment, I was hooked.

I love studying about Egypt. For my junior year in high school research paper, I wrote about mummification. If you ever want to read it, I have a copy. (I also have a copy of every other paper I ever wrote in college. Yep- I'm a complete nerd.) The first time I saw a real mummy in a museum, I cried. After so many years of learning about them, it was awesome to see one. The Smithsonian in Washington DC has an extensive display of mummies and their coffins. Oh! And in New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art has this crazy Egyptian exhibit. You walk in, and it's like you're walking through a pyramid. Lastly, I got to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art a couple of years ago. Most people can see the whole thing in an hour. Yeah, I emerged after 2 1/2. It's that cool.

So...if I could travel anywhere...it's Cairo, Egypt. I want to see the pyramids, the Great Sphinx, the museums there. I want to ride a camel, and tour their ancient cities.

And I will one day.

No comments: