Wednesday, December 29, 2004

This has been an incredible year.  I didn't want to be like everyone else and have a list, but here it goes.



~ I got to watch the Chicago Bulls lose to the wonderful Dallas Mavericks!
~ I threw together a Valentine's party for my single small group girls that was a big hit! And my friend Andrea got engaged that night!
~ I learned the importance of prayer and so many lessons on how to be a leader, how to be led, how to have patience, and how to overcome loneliness by falling in love with Christ.
~ My aunt got married, and I got to be a maid of honor!!
~ I went on a missions trip to Chicago that was not only one of the funnest weeks of my life, but it was also an incredible experience of servanthood and humility.
~ I learned the meaning of love by watching my small group girls.  They taught me who I am and who I could be. (I miss them so much.)
~ I spent a few weeks thinking I was being tortured by collecting props for Coram Deo only to discover it was a humbling and fun time.
~ I graduated my first year of Master's Commission and really knew that I had given my very best.
~ I finished my 1st semester back at school with all A's!
~ I found new friendships and deeper relationships with my family that I've never known before.



This has been an incredible year.  I'm so thankful for the places I've been, the people I have grown to know, and the love of Christ that is ever-present in my heart.


To all my Rockford friends, I miss you so much. Every day I am thankful for the 9 months God gave me there.  I love you.


Christen


 

No comments: