Monday, January 17, 2005

Dear Xanga,



I have become quite the xanga junkie since being home for break.  It's been wonderful catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.  Tomorrow, I head back to school.  I'm excited for the fact that I'll get to see my friends and roommates, and I'm even excited to get back to classes because that means I'm one day closer to graduation (Spring '07).  But sometimes I wonder why.  I'm not completely sure I want to be a teacher.  However, I'd sure hate to change my major this late in the game.  I don't really know what I want to do.  I figure I might as well finish, right?  If I change, I would have to move schools.  And what would I do?  Medicine interests me, but I'm terrible at chemistry.  Crime investigation sees cools but back to that chemistry thing.  When I was little, I wanted to be an archeologist, but then I realized that they don't discover mummies everyday, just about once every decade; therefore, it'd be a little boring.  Tell me your thoughts...what about just changing from education to English?  I could be an editor or a writer.  I would be able to go into journalism, which was so fun and exciting for me in high school.  It wouldn't be far from the same course plan I'm on right now.  I need some feedback, I guess.  It's just...the more I think about teaching...the more unsure I am that I want to do that.  Want an insight into my brain?  I want to make a difference.  I want someone to reflect on my life one day and say, "Wow, where would we be without her?"  I know that I could make that difference teaching, but I don't know if my heart's in it.  I know I'm rambling, but I'm trying to make sense of the thoughts in my head.  Any advice?



Christen

No comments: