Friday, January 7, 2005

I was a little hesitant to even tell you what I'm about to say, but it's on my mind.  About a week before Christmas, my grandmother (my dad's mom) was having routine blood tests done when they noticed a high count of something in the blood that many times indicates cancer.  Well, the week following Christmas, she was diagnosed with cancer...again.  This is her third time to have it.  When I was pretty little, she had breast cancer.  Then, about three years ago, she got stomach cancer, and the doctors had to remove her stomach.  For the last three years, thanks to the Lord, she has been cancer free.  However, they just found cancer in the lining of her abdomen.  The worst part is it is inoperable.  The only possibility is chemotherapy, which for anyone who has ever known anyone to have chemo, it's a horrible process.  My family is so desperate.  Three times!  Who gets cancer three times?  So, I guess I'm a little bit in denial because it just seems so unreal.  Please pray for her.  I think it's our only hope.



Christen

No comments: