Sunday, June 26, 2005

I had such a good time in Austin yesterday. Some of my really good friends from SAGU live in Austin for the summer, so I decided to go visit. I met up with Andy, Scott, and Chris at Chuy's Mexican Restaurant for lunch. It was really good (a little overpriced though). After lunch, we went down by the University to some shops. I had never been in Urban Outfitters. It's such a cool store! Then we got some Jamba Juice...yummm! Afterwards, Chris had to run some errands, so Scott, Andy and I went and saw Cinderella Man. HOLY COW!! It's an amazing movie. I cried through...well...the majority of it. I will never comprehend how helpless they felt during the depression. I cried just watching them have nothing to eat. I cried when Mae's husband went to fight because she knew how dangerous it was. Wow, you have to see it. Even if you hate boxing, the movie is so inspiring and the story really pulls your heart strings. Anyway, after the movie Andy had to go to work, so Scott and I went to Chris's pastor's house to watch the Texas vs. Florida baseball game in the College World Series. Texas won 4-2. Then, I finally drove home. I was exhausted, but it was a fun day!

Christen

No comments: