Monday, May 19, 2008

Hit the Nail on the Head

Have you ever heard of the book "Please Understand Me 2"? It has you take a test and then analyzes your personality. My former college roommate is obsessed with it. I took the test almost 2 years ago, and the results could not have been more dead-on. I felt like someone was reading me my biography. It was almost scary. Anyway... Facebook has a new application called "My Type" that essentially does the same thing. My results, yet again, were perfect. I think I am a bit of an extreme personality. What can I say? :)

All of that to say this, the relationship paragraph was like a page out of my journal. The test measures you in 4 areas, so ESFJ is just my type. I bolded the areas that are totally me:

"For the ESFJ, love means warmth and commitment. When ESFJs first fall in love, they show this warmth and concern for their partner in many tangible ways. They will send cards, notes, flowers, special gifts, and other mementos of their affection. If the partner casually mentions a desire for a specific thing, they will try to find just that thing. Once committed in a relationship, ESFJs tend to stay with it even when there is inconvenience to them and perhaps longer than may be healthy. They are able to bring out the best in their partners, even though it may mean putting their own needs second.
Because ESFJs are caring individuals, they expect to give and receive in their relationships. Because others may not be as thoughtful as the ESFJ, it is a possible source of disappointment to them if they expect the same awareness and caring on the part of the partner. ESFJs may take the end of the relationship as a personal failure.
ESFJs, when scorned, hurt all over and may need to take time to get over the relationship before pursuing a new one. They may too easily and incorrectly blame themselves for the unfavourable outcome and recall instances when perhaps they were not as giving as they might have been. However, ESFJs' standards for giving in a relationship are likely to be above those of some other types. At their worst when scorned, ESFJs can become spiteful and critical of the partner. Because ESFJs are keenly sensitive to others and are tuned in to emotional needs, they really know how to hurt a person in the rare instances when they choose to do so."

If you know me, you know how true this is. If you're on Facebook, go give it a try: http://apps.facebook.com/my-type/

Much love.

No comments: