Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wanna get under my skin? Here's how.

So, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little obsessive about my Diet Cokes. They aren't cheap! In college, I was perfectly happy splitting a case with a roommate as long as we switched off buying them. If you ever come over to my house and I offer you a Diet Coke, count it a real priviledge. I don't do that for just anyone. If we're at a restaurant, you're more than welcome to drink some of mine because there are free refills. But otherwise, I'm pretty selfish with the D.C.

So, here's the reason for the rant:I work at an elementary school that is housed inside a church building. Yesterday, I bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke to put in the refrigerator here. It's nice to be able to walk down the hall and get one from the fridge. I even went to the trouble of putting a note on the front of the box: "Property of Christen Carter" I taped it over the opening, so someone would have to physically tear the paper off to reach the Diet Cokes. Well, I came to work today (which is Thursday...the day after youth service is held here), and SIX were gone!!!! HALF! Plus, my note was gone. Someone threw away my note and took half of my 12 pack!! Yes, it's just Diet Coke, but it's still stealing! I have half a mind to call their youth pastor, but I won't. UGH!

Don't take my Diet Cokes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously!! That stuff is expensive. You should tell the youth pastor he's apparently neglected a few sermons on stealing. ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of the communal fridge. It's pretty common knowledge that if you leave something on a table in the teachers' lounge, it will be eaten...and if you put something in the fridge, it will be stolen. I had my own fridge in my room until the "Prince of Darkness" (or the Energy efficiency guy) made us take them home.

Jason said...

You should totally put a tiny fridge under your desk.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear of your loss :(
maybe that pizza joint in farmersville serves diet coke!