Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crazy Dreams

Do you dream vividly? Man, I do.

When I was dating my now ex-boyfriend, I used to have startling dreams about his ex-wife. From what I know, she's not violent, but in my dreams, she would break into my house and attack me. I would wake up totally shaken and freaked out. But they subsided as my feelings for him subsided.

Yesterday, I had a conversation about him, so I guess he was in my subconscious-- fair game for dreamworld. I dreamt last night that I was in Florida for my friend's wedding (his soon-to-be sister-in-law), and his friends kept breaking into my hotel room. One morning, I woke up and the entire place was trashed. The next day, they had written mean things about me all over the walls and ceilings. The last day, I was taking a nap and the front door lock kept locking and unlocking (FYI: That's kinda a big fear of mine). I rushed the door, and a girl was outside. I pulled her inside and pinned her up against the wall. By the way, in dreamworld, I'm really strong. :) I asked her what her problem was. She said she couldn't believe I would say such terrible things about "ex-boyfriend." I asked her if she had any idea what he did to me! We talked for a minute, though I still had her pinned to the wall, and she realized maybe I wasn't such a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Then I woke up.

Sometimes I wish I knew what dreams mean. Am I scared of his friends? Not at all. Do I think they would try to avenge him? No. Do I still have feelings for him? No. But I guess he's still on my mind from time to time. Just weird how our brains work when we're sleeping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.