Friday, May 16, 2008

Why try to conserve?

Why is it that when you're trying to conserve something, you many times do all but that?

One of my best friends eats all around the center of a cookie, since the middle is the best part, and many times her husband steals the last bite. Another friend found out her favorite lip gloss was being discontinued and bought 10 tubes. She misplaced 9.

This morning I was putting on my make up. Wait. Let me back up-- I have a favorite eye shadow. For the ladies out there, you know how the search for the perfect highlighting shadow takes years? Well, about 3 years ago, I stumbled upon Rimmel's Cool Touch eyeshadow. It starts creamy then dries and NEVER moves. I'm in a love relationship with this stuff, but for the life of me, I can't find it anymore in the store. It may have been discontinued. :( Back to my story. I have about 1/2 a tube left and try to use as little as possible each day. This morning, I wasn't paying attention (the result of putting make up on at work), and squeezed out about 5 times what I usually use! I tried to scoop some back into the nozzle, but it was fruitless. I wanted to cry.

In other news, it's Friday. This weekend should be loads of fun.

No comments: