Thursday, June 10, 2010

But for a season

I find it really easy to get caught up in my own world. I see the tests, clinical hours, work schedules, and sparse free time, and it's almost suffocating. Yesterday, it seemed to all catch up with me. I was having a rough day at work, and it took everything in me not to sit in a corner and cry. I was feeling pretty down and sorry for myself.

But then I went to church, and the first song during worship said, "I adore you, I love everything you are." Do you know how hard it is to honestly sing those lyrics while focusing on your own problems? Then, one of my small group kids reminded me about the book we've been reading, Crazy Love, and the lesson we had about worrying. Worrying, or seeing your own problems as a big deal, is a form of arrogance. Compared to the happenings and injustices not only in this world, but also the ones throughout time, my problems are but a moment. I probably won't even remember these frustrations in a year. Life goes on. And God, and our relationship with Him, is so much bigger and better than any issue we think we are facing.

I went to bed thinking about the blessings I have, instead of the frustrations. And I awoke knowing that this is just a season.

I hope you know that today's problems are just a season. He will see you through.

Much love.

No comments: