Saturday, June 19, 2010

One

In my new line of work, I'm constantly reminded how blessed and fortunate I am.

I thank God for the roof over my head, as the man tells me he's lived in a tent for 15 years.

I thank God for parents who continue to love and support me, as a child dies from child abuse.

I thank God for health, as the patient with asthma struggles to breathe.

I thank God for the wisdom to not smoke, as the woman in her 30's lists "emphysema" as part of her health history.

And I thank God for the heart he's given me, the desire he's placed in me, and the strength to continue as I encounter these seemingly hopeless situations.

I will never be able to save every child. It's impossible to cure each disease.

But I can try.

And if I'm able to save one, I've made a difference.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think you've found your calling and what a witness you can be during the journey!! We all need to read this blog daily......well said!! Love ya!!