Saturday, June 26, 2010

One Second

Have you seen the new AT&T commercial where the man invisions his son being the next president, and then changes his train ticket to sit by the girl? The closing slogan says, "Any second could be the second."

I love that. If you know me well, you know that I love love, and you can probably envision me tearing up at that commercial. (Yeah, that happened. Okay, okay....more than once.)

But what it says, "Any second could be the second," spoke to me in more ways than just love. Doesn't it keep you on your toes to think that the next second of your life could potentially change your life? That unexpected conversation, that little prayer, that wrong turn....everything can change.

I'm not afraid of change. I'm not afraid to take a risk just to see how it pans out. It keeps things interesting.

When I was in high school, a pastor in my life told me I would always be in God's will unless I intentionally stepped out of it. That took away all the fear of accidentally missing it. I desire to know God, I desire to make him known, and to live the life he desires for me. I don't want to ever step out of it, but I do like that it takes interesting turns. :)

Changes coming. I know you're not surprised. Details to follow in the near future. :)

Much love.

No comments: