Thursday, July 6, 2006

A Sad Goodbye

Today marked the end of an era. My cute little dog Chance was put to sleep today. If you've ever even stepped foot in my house, you saw that little fur ball with his crooked underbite sticking out. He has been a good dog: low-maintainence, calm, and a joy to have around. We got Chance for Scott's 4th birthday; that made the little guy 10 1/2 (70 in dog years). Anyway, in his old age, he'd developed a lot of health problems, and the vet recommended that we have him put to sleep instead of letting him suffer, so that's what we did.
After Mom brought him home from the vet in a little box, we buried him in the backyard behind the storage building. We had a mini-funeral with some shared memories and a short prayer. I did cry; Chance has been a part of my life for so long. Plus, he was Scott's dog, so I was hurting for him, too.
Anyway, goodbye Chance. You were a cool dog.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: