Saturday, October 8, 2005

Today was wonderful!!! I got to watch my little brother play basketball with his JV/8th grade team. He got to play a ton, and they won 1 of 2. It was great.

Then off to good ol' Van. We played cards (I got 4th), ate some amazing gumbo, and celebrated birthdays. I love my family so much.

So...I love the country. I can't imagine growing up anywhere different. My grandparents are currently having a lake built out on the front part of their property. It's several acres big, and they just finished it. Now they're just waiting for the rain. (The builder said an 8 in rain could fill the whole lake...I don't understand how that's true.) Anyway, I took the 4-wheeler out in the bottom of it for about half an hour. It's AMAZING and HUGE!! They left several fallen trees for the fish, and there are a million bumps from the bulldozers, so it made my trek incredible. I was flying through there jumping over stuff and skidding through the dirt. It was some of the most fun I've had in a while. hehe

Christen

P.S. I had to change my profile picture because there was some controversy about what I was holding. Earrings, sickos!!!! I was holding earrings. So, in the new picture, I am blowing out birthday candles in my my bowl of fruit. I didn't want a birthday cake, so my roommates got me an awesome bowl of fruit.

No comments: