Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Good Life

When I was in Master's Commission, Pastor Jeremy (our director) would tell us we lived the "good life." It's SO true! I serve a God who loves me, cares for me, desires greatness in my life, and longs to see me happy and fulfilled. I am daily reminded through my friendships and experiences how true this is. I walk in the favor of the Lord. He blesses me beyond what I could ever ask for or what I could attempt to deserve. I believe in His principles of sowing and reaping because I see them take fruition in my life every single day. I am diligent in what I do. I pick my friends wisely. And I choose to live above the norm. Are these all a pat on the back for me? NO WAY! They are a testiment to God's faithfulness in my life.

I know it seems strange that goofing off with my roommates would remind me of God's loving nature, but it does. I see my Father's love in every aspect of my life. He has blessed me with the most caring, genuine roommates possible.

Karissa and I became roommates by the luck of the draw. We were both incoming freshmen in the Fall of 2002. Karissa's from Seattle. I'm from Longview. Why in the world SAGU put us together is a mystery, but I think it was completely God. And I have found my closest friend at Southwestern due to this "luck."

Since I can be honest in my words with you, oh Xanga world, I thought I would be honest in pictures, too. Karissa and I, home alone, got a little crazy a couple of nights back.

High, off to the side ponytails + Make believe cheerleading moves = FUN!! (I have no shame):


Then, to leave on a high note (and with a little pride), here are the good looking Carter kids (Scott, Sheila, Baby Eli, Mark, and me):


Love you, friends!!

Christen

No comments: