Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 13: My Favorite Musical Artist

Day 13: A Picture of Your Favorite Band or Artist

I have a very strange relationship with music. I love music; music moves me. I listen to music at all times of the day...while I'm showering and getting ready, while I wash dishes, at work while I count money, as I'm reading and drifting off to sleep. Having Pandora on my iPhone has been a HUGE addition to my love for music. I type in someone I love and out comes music that I equally love!

My taste in music is very wide. On my iPod is everything from George Strait to Lil Wayne to Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. I tend to favor country over everything else, but my mood usually determines the genre.

Here's the strange part...I never EVER buy new music. I can count on 2 fingers the number of CD's I've bought in the last 2 years. It's two fold...I don't know what to buy, and it never occurs to me! I have my music, and that's that.

My source of new music is friends. I thankfully have friends with GREAT taste in music who are willing to share with me in an effort to expand my horizons. When I hear a certain artist, I think of more than just the music, I always remember who got me going with that particular band/singer.

Goo Goo Dolls, The Fray, and Snow Patrol? Garrett Goode
Colbie Caillat? Casey Kowatch
The Killers; Augustana? Jeanene Justin
John Legend? Scott Hamilton
Jack Johnson? Erik Schubert
Rita Springer? Karissa Ross
Pat Green? Ryan Strait
Brad Paisley? Devin Ferguson
This could literally go on forever (or at least through my entire iPod).

I do have a favorite: Miranda Lambert! I love her for multiple reasons. She is an East Texas girl (born in my hometown of Longview!) who got her start on Nashville Star. She can do it all: write, play, and sing! I knew who she was from the beginning because everyone here was rooting for her to win the show. She didn't win then, but she's killing it now! Last night, she won her first Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. I cheered in my living room!



Even though I liked her from the start, I didn't get any of her music until my dear friend Alesha Moon burned me her CD. I was immediately hooked! Her next CD, Revolution, is one of those two CD's I mentioned earlier as actually buying.

I'm a fan.

No comments: