Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 7: Most Treasured Item

Day 7: My Most Treasured Item

When my birthday comes around each year, I rarely have a defined idea of what I really want. Sometimes it might be clothes, maybe a new pair of shoes, or a People Magazine subscription.

But when I turned 16 years old, I don't think my parents even asked. Instead, I was surprised with a beautiful white gold ring with my birth stone: sapphires!


I have always loved this ring. Sadly, I don't get the opportunity to wear it much since I don't wear jewelry to work, but I try to always remember to wear it on days off.
I have always gotten a lot of compliments on it, too, and anytime I forgot to wear it in college, people would question me about it. It made an impression.
For the rest of my life, this ring will always remind me of my parents. It is very special to me.

No comments: