Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 14: I Cannot Imagine Life Without...

Day 14: Someone You Cannot Imagine Your Life Without

I will never forget the stories Mark told about Sheila Suede when I was in high school. She was this mystery girl with a boyfriend, whom Mark could not get past. Every story somehow looped back to her. It was this amazing coincidence when they led a mission trip together. Sheila, Sheila, Sheila.

The summer after my senior year in high school, a couple of months after Sheila and her boyfriend had broken up, my family was in DFW for a pastor's conference. Mark had schemed a way to hang out with Sheila one night. After several hours, we all went to bed. However, in the middle of the night, my giddy older brother came busting into the hotel room proclaiming he had kissed her.

The rest is pretty much history.

I didn't get to know Sheila for a while. She lived in another city, and after they got married, they moved to Oklahoma City. I soon after left for Illinois. But in time, I got to know her.

And I cannot imagine my life without her.



Sheila is both beautiful inside and out. She's so little and cute, you kinda just want to stick her in your pocket and carry her around. She cares about people so much. Her kids are smart and well behaved because she showed them how. She loves her friends and serves everyone. All the time.



Sheila's funny and forgetful, and she crumbles pieces of paper. She loves high heels and has this amazing talent for crafts, like painting and sewing. She might possibly be a ninja, though of course she would never tell. I've seen her pluck mosquitos out of the air in midflight. She makes everyone in her presence feel like a million bucks.

And she's also the most humble person I know. She's probably reading this and saying, "Oh I'm not that good at painting" or "sewing" or whatever. Sheila- you are. :)



I cannot imagine my family without her. I cannot imagine any other female on earth being my sister-in-law. I'm glad to finally have a sister. She truly is my sister.

I love you, Sheila.

No comments: