Saturday, January 7, 2006

Have you ever heard that song by Bethany Dillon "Beautiful"? It's amazing. The very first time I heard it on the radio, I literally burst into tears. She grasps the absolute truth of what girls struggle with and battle within themselves. And she captures what HAS to happen: Girls need to see they are beautiful to God.

First verse (Girls think that if we dress up just right and fix ourselves up, we will get approval, especially from guys.):

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me
Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

2nd verse (Oh my goodness, SO TRUE!!):

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory

Chorus (As long as a girl thinks this towards a guy, she'll be miserable, but the day she realizes that she wants these things from God, life is good.):

I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Then finally to the Lord:

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

This song was like my anthem while I was in Master's Commission. After dating the last guy, I felt so worthless of love and especially didn't feel beautiful. I eventually realized that it didn't matter what people think of me (especially guys). It only matters what I KNOW that God thinks about me. : ) I am beautiful inside and out to Him.

I heard this song on the way to my cousin's show tonight, and it just reminded me of all that. I wanted to share it with you. God's acceptance and love is so much better than any guy's. Don't think I know what I'm talking about? Why have I talked to two girls in the last 2 hours about their terrible relationships with guys who no longer show them affection and approval? Yeah, it's there.

Christen

No comments: