Saturday, January 28, 2006

What an interesting weekend so far...

Yesterday during chapel, we sang a song that used to really hit a nerve. It says, "You give and take away; you give and take away; my heart will choose to say blessed be your name." I have always been told not to sing something to God that I didn't believe/feel, so while in Master's, I would never sing this song. I thought, "Why do I want to bless God's name for taking something from me when I didn't want him to?" Anyway, we were singing it yesterday, and I sang it with all my heart because I'm confident in God's plan for my life now.

Last night was fun (and included a lot of driving). I drove to Van after work to celebrate birthdays with my family. It was wonderful getting to see everyone. And, my Uncle Jed paid me the nicest compliment in the whole world. I love my family! As the party wrapped up, I left for Irving to meet up with my dad. We went to see Glory Road. What an incredible movie!! I'll definitely be purchasing that movie some day.

Tonight I worked the SAGU basketball games. Have I ever told you how much I love my job? Doing the shot clock is really easy, and I get to be up in the middle of the action! So fun! We played my ex's team. I wasn't worried about it but just wasn't sure how it would be. "Ackward" would be the key word. Let's just say a hand shake and a hello is just weird. haha!

Next weekend-- LONGVIEW!! I'll be playing in a very sweet softball game while I'm home which the very cool Mark Sorgee master-minded. He really deserves all the credit. Plus, I'll get to spend some much needed time with friends. Love you all! (sorry this was so lengthy!)

Christen

Here's Amy and me at the Southlake Carroll basketball game:


This is my brides' maid dress for my cousin Brandy's wedding this summer. Except the actual dress will be more of an aqua blue. I love it!!

No comments: