Saturday, January 21, 2006

So...in the spirit of Xanga and sharing my entire life with you, I thought I'd tell you...well...more about me. : )

Have you ever had a song that "gets" you? There have been a few through the years that are that way to me. For instance, Miranda Lambert's song "Mama, I'm alright." If you didn't know this, my freshman year in college I dated a guy who broke my heart which contributed to my decision to go to Master's Commission for a year. My parents weren't super thrilled that I was going, but they let me go. Looking back at the entire experience, I realize that I wouldn't change a thing. Even though it wasn't "fun," I learned so much about myself and about relationships that it's all been worth it.

Anyway, one of the song's verses (it's a country song...deal with it) says, "If I'd have done what you and daddy done, would have never lost and never won...I would not know how to fight for my own heart next time around."

When I hear this song, I literally tear up. If not for everything, I really wouldn't know how to fight for my heart. Before, I didn't know that I deserved better or that I was supposed to fight for myself. But I do now...and I would now if I had to.

So, what song connects with you? I like to hear your stories.

Christen

No comments: