Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Love of God

Today was hands down the best chapel Southwestern has ever seen (or at least it was to me). It all started last night.

I was sitting on the couch reading Psalm 91 and 139 and Jeremiah 29:11. These passages are the dearest to me. I realized yesterday that I've felt very insecure the last few weeks, and it's because I had lost focus of how deeply God loves me. So, I was reading, and God just poured out his love on me. I felt so refreshed and loved at that moment.

Then today, I got to chapel a little late (which is normal), and they were singing a song about God's amazing love. Not 5 minutes after I got there, tears were streaming down my cheeks because I just know that it's not about me. It really is ALL about Him! The speaker today was Bryan Jarrett. He's a new pastor in the Dallas area. He said he had prepared a message for us today, but God gave him something different last night. He said he just knew it was exactly what we needed to hear.

He preached about God's love for us and our dreams. WOW, was that not exactly what I needed to hear? The more he preached, the more I realized that I had stopped dreaming. I've been scared to have big dreams for fear of disappointment. So, I'm working on it. Because God loves me so much, He gives me dreams that He wants to see succeed.

I'm going to dream!

Christen

No comments: