Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hmm...

Spring Break has had its ups and downs. Last night was probably a low point. Let's take a look into this moment:

Me: Guys, come fix your plates. Dinner's ready!
Tommy: Oh, the spaghetti still has water in it.
Me: (Completely oblivious to this fact) Oh, umm, yeah, 'bout to do that.
Tommy: I'll hold the collander; you pour the noodles.
(Now, the collander is about the size of a small mixing bowl)
Me: Uh, I don't think all the noodles are going to fit.
Tommy: Yeah, they will; just pour them.
*So I continue to pour my carefully prepared noodles into this small container and approx. half of them slide into the sink. Yeah. Between laughing and trying to get the remaining noodles into the pot, we managed to get spaghetti on every dish in the sink, on the floor, and on Tommy's foot. haha The salvaged noodles were eaten, but I definitely overcooked them (they were a little soft).

Oh well, I never claimed to be a good cook. So, for what it's worth, my dinner was a success. I made spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, and salad for 3 of my friends from school. We watched a movie, hung out. Good times.

Christen

No comments: