Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh being the daughter of a pastor...and the randomness of my life

So spring break was fun, right?  I really enjoyed seeing my Austin friends, home friends, and tons of family.  I did everything: watch basketball, shop in 3 different malls, drink Starbucks, cook dinner, attend a concert, go rollerskating (I'll come back to this), watch movies, go to a baby shower, and hang out in a hot tub.  But yesterday ended my spring break with...well...a bang.


So, I'm sitting in church, listening intently to my father's wonderful sermon about the need of seeing other people get saved, when he wandered down a bit of a bunny trail.  I don't know where it started; I wish I could put my finger on it.  Maybe it was his story about praying for his family before the Philippines trip, maybe it was the story about praying for Sheila to be Mark's wife.  BUT...he continued to tell the entire congregation that he's praying for me to find my future husband and is taking applications.


Yes, I already knew the prayer part was true.  Oh, but now everyone knows.  Needless to say, I was slightly, if not entirely, embarrassed.  But I'm okay; I'm very used to my father telling the church everything concerning our lives.  It's a rule of thumb to not tell Dad something private without numerous times insisting that it's a secret.  Anyway, I should not have been surprised.  Later he told me that some dads in the church told him they wanted to submit apps for their sons.  Oh crap.  haha






Anyway, Friday night, the very cool Scott Carter had a show with his band Myrohna.  It was at a skating rink which I thought, "No one will skate.  I'm good."  But no, my cousins and their girlfriends decided we would skate!  I'm sore, but I didn't fall.  I was proud.  haha  The show was great!!  I was so proud of my awesome little brother.


Okay, here we go. This is Scott rockin' out. He's the screamer/lead singer/keyboard player. All things to all people, right? haha He did an amazing job:


Love you, friends.


Christen

No comments: