Friday, March 3, 2006

The Wedding...

My friend Angela Bazan is getting married in 36 hours. It's almost unbelievable to me. We've been friends since 3rd grade, and I distinctly remember laying in bed as little kids (and even just last year as college roommates) and discussing our weddings. We picked flowers and dresses and, of course, guys. As a grown up 3rd grader, I was sure Kelly Atwood was the man for me. haha!!

Anyway, 13 years later, I think about how far we've come and about what her wedding actually entales. It's absolutely nothing like what we planned so many years ago, and yet it's exactly right. She's found her match, and the wedding is perfect for them.

I'm the wedding coordinator. Basically, I boss everyone around and make Angela's day perfect. : ) This is the 3rd wedding I've done this for, and it's so fun for me. I should really start my own business.

So, in the midst of all the wedding hype, I reflect on my own life and future. I don't talk about guys on here...well...ever. I don't want y'all to think I'm this pitiful woman who needs a man to be fulfilled. Because I'm not. I'm very happy and content in who I am and the place in life where I am. I hope y'all see that. But to be honest, yes, it would be nice to find that guy who makes me feel special and who I could hang out with. But I'm not putting my life on hold waiting for him.

To all you single girls out there, be patient!! Waiting a while for the right guy SURE beats wasting your time with the wrong guy. I should know.

So, Happy Wedding to Adrian and Angela Fellows!! I love you!

And to everyone else, I love you and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Christen

No comments: