Friday, March 31, 2006

The Challenge Explained and A Big Announcement...

Big announcement first:
I'm an SAGU cheerleader!!! Yep, we had try outs today for next semester, and I made it! I cheered for 6 years, back in the day, but it's been a while. I'm really excited about it!

The Challenge:
(I mentioned several months ago that I was participating in a challenge.)
August 30, 2005- I made a phone call to LA Weight Loss to inquire about their program. Little did I know that my life was about to change.

I know it can be weird to talk about weight loss on here, but people have been asking/noticing/commenting, so I thought it was time you heard it from me. Last summer, I made the decision to lose weight, mainly for health reasons (the connection between obesity and cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. is SO scary) but also just to feel better about myself. I had tried everything in the past, it feels like, so I was determined to find something that worked and was permanent. Three lovely women in my life were on LA Weight Loss (LAWL) and had been tremendously successful, so I thought I'd check them out.

This company basically provides one-on-one consultation to determine your personal needs, likes, and dislikes. They guarantee 2 pounds a week. They teach you to eat healthy and correctly. You buy all your own food, eat what you want, plan your own meals, etc. The only things I buy from them are protein bars (chocolate!! so good!). I check in 3 times a week to weigh in and go over my food diary (I write down EVERYTHING). They also do blood work, blood pressure, measurements, etc. The way it works is food groups and portion sizes. Each day, I get: 2 proteins, 2 starches, 3 vegetables, 3 fruits, 1 dairy, 1 fat, and 2 protein bars. A portion size is pretty standard: piece of chicken, small bowl of cereal, small salad, apple, cup of yogurt, tablespoon of butter. So, within those boundaries, the options are limitless.

Bottom Line: They are hardcore, and I love it. I have lost quite a bit (if you would like specifics, just message me...I'll tell you). I'm nearing my goal, which is super exciting. : ) I feel great. My body likes me more. haha Now, if I can just start exercising...

I don't really have any "before" pictures, but here are a couple from last semester:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

And here are a couple of recent pics:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Christen

No comments: